This is what happened when someone asked me "THAT THING?" one too many times...
And it was the best thing I could have ever done, because when we get past caring, well that's when the magic happens.
We all have "THAT THING" that we hear over and over again in our professions, for an artist it might be "don't you ever run out of things to paint?" for a writer it's probably 'do you really earn a living from that?", for a lawyer maybe it's "will we win?" to be honest, I have no idea what "THAT THING" is for you, I am guessing here, but I know for a reflexologist it's "sorry my feet aren't very clean" - I know this as I have been guilty of it!
Let's be fair here to you guys here though. I reached the point of no return as a reader a few years ago when I got to a place where I was actually teaching people HOW to get the best out of approaching Tarot even when they came for a reading. That's when I knew for sure that the conveyor belt of reading for sometimes as many as fifty people a day and hearing "THAT THING" again and again finally bust my patience. I had broken on through and was in alignment for doing what I really always wanted to do, teach, inspire, illuminate and educate. So, this post today is not here to make you feel bad, it's only here to illuminate.
1. I'm terrible at shuffling! - If I had saved £1 from every client who said this to me then it wouldn't have mattered that I scuppered my own lotto win once upon a time. Believe me, we aren't there to judge you, and that includes your shuffling ability!
What to say instead: Nothing! Just shuffle! It doesn't matter if you end up playing 78 card pick up on the floor, all that matters is you get your own energy intermingled and that will certainly do it!
2. Will he come back to me? - The Tarot is a mirror of what YOU feel and think ONLY. This is the ONLY truth with it. Believe me!
3. So if the Tarot can't tell me what's going to happen then what's the point of having a reading? - Well, what's the point of having a mirror? Need I say more? Well, I will! Below...
In fact, ANYTHING that starts with "will" is a no -go. I know I am the only Tarot person out there who is soul destroyed by the misunderstandings that are out there about Tarot ONLY being a fortune telling device - and I also know there are Tarot people out there that ONLY approach it in that way. It's nobody's fault (except for maybe Pope Constantine's back in 700's). But if only we'd follow the teachings of Socrates and Plato more such as:
"To know thyself is the beginning of all wisdom"
4. When will this happen? In fact, ANYTHING with "When" in and therefore WHEN WILL is a double whammy! - The answer (if the reader understands the tarot is a mirror and therefore that prediction is just a mirror of the patterns gone before and to cast that same pattern again will not bring it about or you would already have it) is... " when you have ...." followed by what the cards are reflecting as the current lesson around getting to know thyself.
Are you starting to see a theme here?
5. What does this (card) mean? That's probably the hardest question of them all because to answer it properly would take six months. In a very short attempt to convey... It's another question that comes from seeing Tarot as a set of 78 2d cards that each has a meaning assigned to them and that's it.
To find out just what I am really trying to get at, see the catapult moment captured in time here - no black screen I promise!
If you recognise yourself in this video: Then here's the only place you can get the breakthrough and that's below - it's not on the site menu, so click now or forever try to find your peace - said with (tough) love...